The work and activity of the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative revolves around three core values. One of these is to align and equip healthcare providers on quality and value. IHC produces web-based topical toolkits to address this effort. Toolkits are distributed to all Iowa hospitals and made publicly available online. Updated and expanded toolkits will be posted annually.
Though each toolkit varies in configuration, they will have the following basic components:
1. National Guidance and Parameters- IHC will be working toward convergence, application of national initiatives, and the best evidence-based medicine.
2. Tools- Provide educational materials for providers and patients, specific guidelines or planning and implementation techniques, policies and protocols, and examples of forms used by other facilities. (For example, a standardized statewide model for Med Cards, techniques to implement a Culture of Safety, or the IHI monograph on applications of Lean to healthcare).
3. Resources- Supporting articles and information.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as medical care or medical advice and is not a replacement for medical care given by physicians or trained medical personnel. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information and results from tools we provide. If you are a healthcare professional you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information found on this site.
PfP/HEN Toolkit Bundles: IHC Toolkit Bundles:
- Adverse Drug Events 1. Cardiovascular and Stroke
- Falls and Immobility 2. Influenza Immunizations
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
Color Coded Wristbands
Culture of Safety
Lean in Healthcare
Patient and Family Engagement in Healthcare
IPOST Order Form - Order the Official IPOST forms for your patients.
NOTE: You must complete this order form to receive the official IPOST form. All other forms may be out of date and may not be on the correct paper.
Do you have an idea for an additional toolkit topic?
If so, email Ryan Meyer to submit your suggestion.