rcorp iowa OUD consortium
Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (RCORP)-Planning: Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) awards RCORP-Planning to support treatment for and prevention of substance use disorder, including opioid use disorder (OUD), in rural counties at the highest risk for substance use disorder.
The Iowa Healthcare Collaborative (IHC) has received the one-year planning funding to build the RCORP Iowa OUD Consortium, and develop statewide strategies prioritizing rural counties with the highest prevalence and incidence of OUD. Iowa OUD Consortium represents and targets 21 HRSA designated rural counties that have the highest rate of opioid death in Iowa.
Map of Targeted Counties
Proposed RCORP – Iowa OUD Consortium Organizational Chart
Goals and Objectives
- Convene statewide leaders who have an impact on prevention, treatment, and recovery related to the opioid crisis in rural Iowa.
- Objective: Identify current initiatives and identify gaps in OUD prevention, treatment, and recovery services in the twenty-one identified Iowa counties.
- Objective: Create solutions to gaps identified in OUD prevention, treatment, and recovery services in the twenty-one identified Iowa counties.
- Create a statewide strategic plan to address OUD prevention, treatment, and recover.
- Objective: Establish a living document with a plan to improve OUD prevent, treatment, and recovery services in the twenty-one identified counties.
- Establish a sustainable model to address OUD prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Objective: Utilize the collective knowledge of the convened statewide leaders to create a sustainability and workforce plan.
Deliverables and Workplan
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) – Due September 1, 2019
- Gap Analysis – Due December 1, 2019
- Strategic Plan – Due January 1, 2020
- Workforce Plan – Due March 1, 2020
- Sustainability Plan – Due May 31, 2020