Applied Research + Analytics
IHC uses data-driven strategies to measure and improve outcomes resulting in better care, better experiences and improved quality of life for millions of patients.
In addition to raw improvement measurement data, IHC also provides partners with robust analytics and data translation that hospitals, practices and communities use to drive performance improvement. IHC always aligns the data and analytics with national metrics, continuously eliminating duplicative reporting and minimizing reporting burden, so providers can spend more time with patients and less time on paperwork. IHC’s Research and Analytics Center(RAC) offers data, analytics and research services for the Health Services division who are IHC’s internal stakeholders as well as all the external stakeholders IHC partners with.
The RAC team consists of data analysts – all trained and experienced with analyzing and managing big data and complex datasets and help desk technicians – trained in helping the users with any portal issues. The RAC uses several tools and technologies with R, SQL and Tableau to name a few which are all used to manage, analyze and visualize data to convert raw data into meaningful information. Most portal management is handled either within the tools provided by the portals themselves or on the backend through MSSQL/Azure databases.
Data (Portal) Management and Help Desk
IHC is passionate about integrity in data reporting. To fuel this goal, IHC maintains web portals at a state, community and provider level to mitigate issues often experienced when reporting data. Portals help organizations report data, track progress and reach new standards in healthcare. IHC’s development team and partners are deeply involved in the development of all the portals and make frequent updates based on user needs. IHC manages all the portals ensuring that the information housed within them is secure, accurate and up to date.
As healthcare evolves, so do the functions of the portals, IHC and its partners. IHC keeps all the portals contemporary by collecting feedback from the users and collaborating with the developers to generate solutions. IHC provides the resources needed to easily navigate and interact with the portals and seeks consumer feedback to improve products and services. The help desk for these portals answers questions and resolves any discrepancies from general issues with usability to suggestions for additional features. IHC tracks and identifies trends in consumer feedback to address related system issues accordingly.
IHC’s Data Analysts provide simple dashboard reports to all portal users to give a quick overview of performance along with more advanced data visualizations using dashboards, geo-maps and other custom reports that are available on demand. IHC also performs advanced analytics including descriptive, prescriptive, predictive models and value-based care analytics.
IHC also provides various research services, ranging from identifying trends in healthcare performance and population health, developing evidence-based interventions, designing and executing meaningful measures and evaluations to developing case studies, white papers, conference presentations and manuscripts.
| How IHC Can Help
- Clinical outcome monitoring and prediction
- Performance improvement analytics
- Cost and value analysis
- Population health analytics
- Evaluation development and testing
- Data collection, validation, cleaning, monitoring, mining, visualization and reporting
- Personalized and enhanced data reports on areas of interest
- Research studies upon request (e.g., correlation of diabetes and readmissions)
- Scorecards to highlight the progress of physicians/clinics towards process improvement along with encouraging them for better data reporting
- Data reporting support
- Evidence-based practice support
- Case studies, white papers and other research support
- Data, analytics, and research education
- Specialized geo-mapping for outcome measures and social demographics across Iowa
- Scorecards highlighting the performance of the communities we work with and help them focus on area that need improvement
- Descriptive analytic reports to tell a story using historic data
- Help desk support for our portals