Applied Research and Analytics
We use data-driven strategies to measure and improve outcomes. As a result, our work has produced better care, better experiences, and improved quality of life for millions of patients.
However, our partners require more than data. We provide robust analytics and data translation hospitals, practices, and communities use to drive performance improvement. We align our data with national metrics, continuously eliminate duplicative reporting, and minimize reporting burden so providers spend more time with patients and less time on paperwork. Our Research and Analytics Center offers data, analytics, and research services for Healthcare Innovation and Population Health programs.
The Research and Analytics team consists of data analysts, research analysts, IT experts, and help desk technicians – all trained and experienced with analyzing and managing big data and complex datasets. Our team mainly uses R, SQL, and Tableau to manage, analyze, and visualize data. Most portal management is handled either within the tools provided by the portals themselves or on the backend through MSSQL/Azure databases.
Data (Portal) Management and Help Desk
We are passionate about integrity in data reporting. To fuel this goal, we maintain web portals at a state, community, and provider level to mitigate issues often experienced when reporting data. Portals help organizations report data, track progress, and reach new standards in healthcare. Our developers are deeply involved in the development of our portals and make frequent updates based on user needs. We manage our portals by ensuring that the information housed within them is secure, accurate, and up to date.
As healthcare evolves, so do the functions of our portals. We keep our portals contemporary by collecting feedback from our users and collaborating with our developers to generate solutions. IHC provides the resources needed to easily navigate and interact with our portals and we seek consumer feedback to improve products and services. Our help desk answers questions and resolves portal discrepancies, everything from general issues with usability, to suggestions for additional features. We track and identify trends in consumer feedback to address related system issues accordingly.
Our analysts provide simple dashboard reports to all portal users to give a quick overview of performance. Advanced data visualization using dashboards, geo-maps, and other custom reports are available on demand. We also perform advanced analytics including descriptive, prescriptive, predictive models and value-based care analytics.
Our team provides various research services, ranging from identifying trends in healthcare performance and population health, developing evidence-based interventions, designing and executing meaningful measures and evaluations, to developing case studies, white papers, conference presentations, and manuscripts.
| How We Can Help
- Clinical outcome monitoring and prediction
- Performance improvement analytics
- Cost and value analysis
- Population health analytics
- Evaluation development and testing
- Data collection, validation, cleaning, monitoring, mining, visualization, and reporting
- Personalized and enhanced data reports on areas of interest
- Research studies upon request (i.e., correlation of diabetes and readmissions)
- Scorecards to highlight the progress of physicians/clinics towards process improvement along with encouraging them for better data reporting
- Data reporting support
- Evidence-based practice support
- Case studies, white papers, and other research support
- Data, analytics, and research education
- Specialized geo-mapping for outcome measures and social demographics across Iowa
- Scorecards highlighting the performance of the communities we work with and help them focus on area that need improvement
- Descriptive analytic reports to tell a story using historic data
- Help desk support for our portals